onsdag 13. oktober 2010

The kite runner - last part

Now there are three days since I read the last page of Khaled Hosseini’s “The kite runner”. It has been stuck to my mind since. You know that feeling when you read the last page of a book you really enjoyed, when you delay the last sentences because you don’t want it to be over. And when you realize it is, it is somehow sad. The kite runner was that kind of book. The perfect balance between superstition and pure human feelings made me long for the same experiences and emotions. I think that has a quite odd irony considering the fact that it is the carefree and peaceful existence we live in, most people want. I can’t explain those feelings further than that, but I sense them as good feelings, which is why I would rate the book with 6 out of 6 possible if I were to.
What I liked most about the book is that it ends with hope. In some parts it could seem like it would turn out tragically. This would, in my opinion, ruin some of the book’s purpose. I like to think that the author meant to give this hope not only to Amir, the main character, but also to us readers, so that we can make our own ending, or beginning if you like.



The picture is taken from this site.

- Tuva

1 kommentar:

  1. Nice end comment. I can see you really liked the book. I did too! It is a the same time a sad ending because it takes so long time for the young boy to recover and we never get to know if he really does!

    SvarSlett